I am probably one of the few Filipino-Chinese who cook that don’t have proper steamer at home. Last time I moved to a new apartment, I thought it’s a good idea to just throw the old ones and still didn’t get a replacement. Aside from not able to cook Puto (Filipino cake), so is Siomai and Dumpling.
At this age, I thought I would find everything in the Internet, especially about cooking frenzy from YouTube. To my surprise, I couldn’t find an instruction on how can I cook “Puto” using the oven. We got cupcake tray and an oven so I thought that should make any cake rise.
I wanted to eat the puto and I want to eat cheddar cheese so I decided that today I will try to bake it in the oven with the basis on how my sissy was baking her muffins and cupcakes.
- Took the 400 g premixed Puto (smells like vanilla) and
- added 2 cups of water,
- 1 cup of sugar (quite a lot I must say),
- I made a mistake of adding 5 table spoon instead of teaspoon of olive oil, oh well, it was EVOO so it must still be good?! 😀
- After mixing all the above ingredients, I pour it half way (or more to some) into the cupcake paper cup, and
- top it with cheddar cheese.
Baked it for 15 minutes at 200 degree celcius.
Viola! 16 putos risen! They look and smell delectable.
Now, I got food for the whole day! 🙂 Happy tummy!