In Journal on January 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM
My latest lesson is about love.
I started from listening to Mandy Len Catron’s TED talk about “A better way to talk about love.” People are used to the notion that falling in love is getting mad and crazy; so she shared a better metaphor, which is “Love is a collaborative work of art.” This then allows men to decide what love would looks like.
The movie Inferno (2016) shared interesting lines about love: “Love awakens the soul to act,” spoken by Bertrand Zobrist. This line puzzled me as I seem to have a sleeping soul, pausing and not in action. Do I know what really love is?
So I always go back to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, that makes a great sense as my guide:
does not envy
does not boast
is not proud
does not dishonor others
is not self-seeking
is not easily angered
keeps no record of wrong
does not delight in evil
rejoices with the truth
How about you, what is your definition of love?
In List on November 12, 2016 at 11:20 PM
I am the most inspired that I have ever been. I’m not sure what exactly am I doing right but for sure…
- I have a dream of publishing my second book and I am looking forward on that.
- I cannot stop being grateful with all the beautiful blessings and challenges that I have on my plate.
- I am hopeful that whatever sufferings there are in the world, it won’t hurt my soul, but I can do something to alleviate even a bit of what’s wrong, and it can start that I be kind “anyway”.
- I smile and I make the effort to be positive.
- I let go of the things that I couldn’t control.
- I pour my heart in the works that I do.
- Be not attached with both success and failures. Still practicing this though.
- Love other people even if I don’t get love back.
- Appreciate my accomplishments and celebrate in the privacy of my solidarity.
- Celebrate and do what makes me at peace in the moment.
In Journal on July 5, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Following the cute water colour image, let me share few tidbits.
- I freeze whenever I know that there is something important at work to be done. I drown and get confused on what to do with the pile of works. I have the amazing talent of multiplying the work because I connect things too much and too fast.
- I sleep in the sofa when I get too worried and confused on what to do next with my life. I hurt my back, I lose proper sleep, and may eventually catch sickness that doesn’t get well too soon.
- People who raise their voice on me scare me. Unless they are useless to me, I don’t care, but when I want their attention and approval they can make me really nervous and sweat from my right forehead.
- I sometimes couldn’t stop myself buying new books despite having lots at home to still read and finish especially if I am extremely curious.
- I still don’t know what am I supposed to do in this lifetime. I could make people smile and also annoy others at the same time. I can’t please everyone so I guess it’s okay.
- I hate to inconvenient people but I am not perfect that I am guilty in delaying on the delivery of some assignments. I wish that I have the energy to keep working and always finishing what am I supposed to do. I expect other people to treat and serve me well especially if I am the customer.
- I could somehow pull the true desires of people. I have the demeanour that would effortlessly makes them share their secrets because they seemed secured in my presence, of my honesty, or my non-judgmental look. I do judge occasionally and one of the psychics our family have known picked it up.
- I boast sometimes that I am doing better than others. I boast to show what I’ve accomplished but not really about putting someone down. I thought I am inspiring them to get better.
- If coffees don’t make my heart palpitate, I will drink more than necessary to be alert and awake. I don’t like to look dying but I do whenever I am losing sleep.
- I wish I could make people’s wishes come true. I wish no one is in pain. I wish I could help anyone who seeks me for rescue. I wish I will never ask anything from others humiliating myself just because I have not prepared well for the future.
There, I hope in a way, it inspired you a little.
In Journal on July 1, 2016 at 6:09 PM
Do you ever stop and wonder why is there so much hatred that hurt people? Will you ever also wonder why you yourself caused pain on other? Is the answer lies in the statement, hurt people hurt?
You see a book and you know an author made that. If you see the world do you believe about an ALL who made it ALL including you and me?
Bad things can disheartened and even freeze us to move to a better place. It is true that there is always something that goes wrong but let us watch where our focus and reaction. Focus that despite bad there is something good that can be drawn out of it. Reaction must be learning, acceptance, forgiveness, and be courageous to start again.
Start the seed of inspiration to positivity even in just that true one thing that you’re thankful for. Go on.
In Article on June 28, 2016 at 3:40 AM
Airport is a very interesting place. It’s a place where truthful and emotional good byes and hellos exist. A good place to get my nails done. To shop without duties happily. Daydream for the upcoming adventure or planning the next one. Can contain various nationalities in one place.
I travel for both business and leisure and as a traveler who doesn’t want to think about work at all times (PAUSE: Something is wrong here, I think of my work too much, am I addicted to my work, that’s a whole entire post but going back to my original track! UNPAUSE) then having a light entertainment in this fairly lots of waiting time whether starting from the airport or during a long flight, is a perfect delight. It is here that I truly appreciate artists such as authors, musicians, and the entire team who made television shows and movies.
It would be amazing that during this down time where there is no where to go but be present for something then artists got the magnificent opportunity to not only provide a fun entertainment but inspiring airport audience. Giving people the seed of AHAs to launch them to their next battle is kind of fantastic.
May I one day be one of those artists and my wish for you too!
In Journal on June 26, 2016 at 6:09 AM
Do you ever feel funky and then you hear a music and every bits of cell in your body begins to become active, happy, and gives you a different leap of inspiration that you can do anything?
I have worried minds when I went to bed last night, thinking so much about the work that I have not finished, had a sluggish dream, got up with my early alarm, made myself a coffee, cooked breakfast, and then played this song…
Rachel Platten – Better Place
I don’t even look at the video because it will crack me up but I just listen and I feel renewed. It’s not the first time, there are certainly some songs that gives me a different boost, is it because the people behind it made it with love and everything from lyrics, melody, and the artist’s voice speak to my soul and made me feel better. A movie has the same effect on me, like when I watch Moneyball.
Find your song, if you got bored with one since you’ve heard it so many times, then find another to get you through your battle of the day, fighting to be great in what you do, giving your best for the task at hand.
Have an exciting day filled with blessings! 😉
In Article on November 7, 2015 at 11:47 AM
Call me weird but there are several moments that out of no where someone I don’t see nudges me to correct something on what I am working on. I often exclaimed, oh snap, that’s a great catch! Is it my subconscious who is able to detect it that my conscious self wouldn’t able to right away? Was it my inner intellect guiding me? Or is it something higher than me, beyond me?
I’d been hearing that an artist is the medium but never the ultimate source as the mother not the actual creator of a child but the precious bearer. It is comforting to know that I made this blog not to gather fame, I don’t even know if they are helpful to anyone at all, but I write here because it gives me joy and an outlet. It makes me believe that I am honouring my calling by being expressive without being barred. I do it because when I show up to write, I hope I invite my muse to make it finer, better, and truly inspiring maybe not for anyone else but also for me.
So I raise my glasses to cheer my guardina angel, who puts up to my stubborness, who I hope patient enough to wait for me as I overcome my inner demons, and who loves me even if he knows I couldn’t see him and forgets about him. Thank you with all my heart! 🙂
In Poem on June 6, 2015 at 11:01 AM
Love is gentle
Love is kind
Love rejoices to others’ triumphs
Love is humble
Love honours others
Love is generous
Love is calm
Love remembers others’ goodness
Love is truth
God is love
In Article on May 5, 2015 at 8:31 AM
I know her.
She’s emotional because she loves truly and deeply.
She’s one of a kind by being able to see people’s heart.
She takes risks and won’t let anyone use her.
She devotes her time to a good purpose.
She loves her family and would protect them the best way she can.
She stands strong even when she’s hurt.
She recognises and shows her vulnerability.
She doesn’t stop finding the right path and making the right road.
She contemplates death but will be looking to have a meaningful life.
She’s creative and likes to laugh.
She’s an odd crazy friend but a true friend nevertheless.
She likes spreading happiness and positivity.
She’s generous of her wealth, time, and energy.
She rarely complain and rant because she’s forgiving.
She let people live their life and give them their space.
She prays sincerely not just for herself but for others too.
She’s learning to sleep and pampers her body.
She’s grateful and full of surprises.
She knows she can get whatever she wants that she works for.
She finds optimism in every scenario, a true ray of sunshine.
She’s impulsive but knows the right time to speak her mind.
She’s not afraid to apologise and not afraid to make mistake.
She knows she’s imperfect but continues to strive to be one.
She’s beautiful especially when she smiles with her eyes.
She doesn’t wait to be validated, she knows her value.
She feels fuzzy warm feelings for sweet gestures.
She loves the rose and thorns and all.
She inspires the people around her to do great things.
She has standards with all the good reasons to back it up.
She sets example and commands respect and credibility.
She’s unapologetic to defend what’s right.
She knows when to walk away.
She never meant to hurt anyone.
She is everything above because she is loved and she has love within.
In Article on April 26, 2015 at 7:49 AM
Thank you very much for every one who visited my blog, clicked the “like,” left a “comment,” and stepped even further by “subscribing.” It’s heart warming knowing someone took the time to leave a piece of themselves for me. I am only a stranger with the absence of my name-as-written-on-my-registered-official-birth-certificate in this blog; but every feeling I have poured translated into every post where genuine and so you have met my heart.
It is fascinating that people from different countries get directed to my blog. The point that they have liked a post makes me feel that you have understood me and I hope in return I have given something to you too that you appreciate or I have awaken something in you that made you smile a little more and your heart magically expands and glows a little more.
There are moments that those mini effort that you have made, my visitors, immensely gave gratification and add hope in me to move on forward. The most memorable “like” are for the posts that I bared my vulnerabilities and shaming myself online just to see my actions in words and the point that someone read and liked it, kept me a little stronger to decide wisely of my next actions.
Thank you very much.