- Philippines taught me about being humble.
- Philippines provided me with education that lead me to different countries confident.
- Philippines showed me poverty and optimism at the same time.
- Being Chinese in a beautiful eyelid-eyed country, I was different yet respected.
- Living in United Arab Emirates for more than 5 years made me look for a better country to settle in.
- United Arab Emirates showed an almost crime free country making everyone feel safe.
- United Arab Emirates showed a luxurious lifestyle that anyone can experience.
- I have always feel like an alien, until now.
- I am striving to move to Australia without hope but also with uncertainty if it’s the right one for me.
- Then may be in Italy later on for its glorious relaxing views and food.
- Or in America with daring and bright people.
- Or in United Kingdom for their love of the written arts and elegance but unlearning the snob part.
Why in a developing country? Is it because it is the only way for me to know the difference? Is it because I am supposed to do something to contribute in making it better?
I know it is all in the attitude but I want to find the meaning… the reason.
If you don’t learn new thing how will you improve? How will you expect to have a shift of the universe when you stay comfortable in your very own cocoon or actually even if it isn’t comfy but you’ve got to accept it mediocrely?
Enrol to a new class. Go on Youtube and take a video class or watch TED Talks, which I am completely obsessed about. Buy a new book that is completely new to you and discover new thoughts. Key is DO SOMETHING and learn new things. It will not only increase your self-esteem but it elevates your value.
It is not going to be easy and even sometimes it is not enjoyable but through pain we can get better. We’ve heard diamonds has to go through many cuts before it arrive to that magnificent brilliance so improve you, put the energy, the effort, and just disregard the creeping excuses to not do it. You’ll be grateful at the end and why shouldn’t you be when after all those hardship the main beneficiary was you and the after effect is being a great contributor to the world.
Go and be fabulous!