In List on March 11, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Released in 2016 and expect spoiler in the below list!
- The ship is very chic especially the Gold class cabin. I like the stairs. I love the swimming pool, it got a great outer space view. I like that you get to roam around the space conveniently.
- What’s up with the class, creating a new world and still the hierarchy is there?
- Aurora’s clothes are soft, looks expensive, and flatters her even more.
- Great plot twists especially the Jim dilemma of waking Aurora. Amazing that the story was sustained by 4 characters and the ship. I also like the title, one word, and it encapsulated the whole story.
- It was a delight seeing the beautiful Chris and Jennifer on screen.
- Writer adores writing about a writer character. I wouldn’t wonder why.
- I wonder if living for 90 years have made Jim and Aurora consumed good amount of food that would leave other passengers to lose ration?
- The robot Arthur was loaded with great wisdom.
- My favorite line is from Aurora, she said, “If you live an ordinary life all you will have is ordinary stories.” I also like Jim’s enthusiasm for creating a new world, saying, “I see 5,000 people changing their lives for 5,000 different reasons.”
- It is a choice to kill oneself but it is not easy. It crossed my mind that I would like to end my life, I have no purpose or nothing to live for, but like Jim I will always hesitate. Is it because it is innate in human that it is natural to breathe until it is practically impossible. Are we all Jim who will take away a future of somebody or are we Jim who live the most out of life with the comfort of having a meaningful relationship with another human being?
In List on January 11, 2017 at 10:32 PM
There’s a fluke hanging around me this past few days, I do have lots of work at the office but I couldn’t find the energy, let me scrap that, I couldn’t find the enthusiasm not just with work but of life too. I don’t feel fulfilled, I find little joy, and I couldn’t see the future. I know the future is not important but it is practical to be ready for it.
My inner soul is screaming for a more challenge, a more meaningful endeavor to use my gifts, and I don’t know exactly how to proceed. To kill the boredom, I listed what skills would I be interested to learn, habit to establish, and what dreams to fulfill:
- Keep reading books
- Creative at graphic design
- Bright at writing copy
- Read, write, and speak Arabic
- Speak Mandarin
- Read and write Chinese
- Interpret body language
- Eloquent English speaker
- Great English writer
- Smart programming
- Enjoy plant based food
- Exercise daily by doing yoga
- Memorable annual foreign vacation trip
- Write best-selling books
- Extremely wealthy to the point of able to help other than myself
- Read palms
After writing all those down, my bored self suddenly shut up. My beautiful soul spoked with a bulb all bright and lit up, “So baby steps, get going, do all of them.” The thrill is how many will I cross out before I die and I don’t have room for not wanting to live.
In List, Review on December 26, 2016 at 1:25 PM
I was in Australia this September and October of 2016 to survey if the country is a place I would like to settle in while visiting family and friends too who were trying to persuade me to move.
- People in Australia know how to chill. It is a country that is both progressive and relaxed. People really utilize the park for unwinding.
- Progressive and yet homeless people are present that actually scared me a little, alarmed not to even interact with them. I don’t understand their ordeal and I am not ready to understand it.
- Shops close early and that makes me sad.
- It is populated by various Asians so Asian restaurants were quite rampant.
- The airport field is refreshingly beautiful with the natural trees and green grasses.
- I believe that the food and wine made in Australia are clean and well made.
- There is not much in the news because there is not much crimes going on.
- TV shows are filled with shopping episodes.
- There are so many beautiful places to see, both current and historical.
- It is a good country for a family because it takes care of its citizen.
I don’t party a lot but having said that I still prefer to live in a country with cities that lit up at night not necessarily that doesn’t sleep. Australia right now is too relaxed for my taste.
In List on December 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM
Here are the first words that come into my mind about the beautiful and cherished life in alphabetical order.
A – Affection
B – Brave
C – Creativity
D – Diligence
E – Energy
F – Fun
G – Grateful
H – Hope
I – Inspiration
J – Just
K – Kindness
L – Love
M – Movement
N – Nest
O – Oxygen
P – Peace
Q – Quiet
R – Rise
S – Surrender
T – Trust
U – Unite
V – Vow
W – Will
X – Xyst
Y – Yes
Z – Zest
In List on November 20, 2016 at 9:13 PM
If we sift it all, these are important…
- We’ve done our best.
- We’ve acted with good intentions.
- We forgave.
- We tried and never gave up.
- After falling, we stood up to try again.
- We do what we love.
- We share.
- We live the world better than we found it.
- We have healthy relationships.
- We are grateful for all our blessings.
- We explore new experience.
- We innovate.
- We never assume.
- We are kind.
- We have our own unique journey and mission.
- We respect one another especially our differences.
- We are all connected through one powerful source.
In List on November 12, 2016 at 11:20 PM
I am the most inspired that I have ever been. I’m not sure what exactly am I doing right but for sure…
- I have a dream of publishing my second book and I am looking forward on that.
- I cannot stop being grateful with all the beautiful blessings and challenges that I have on my plate.
- I am hopeful that whatever sufferings there are in the world, it won’t hurt my soul, but I can do something to alleviate even a bit of what’s wrong, and it can start that I be kind “anyway”.
- I smile and I make the effort to be positive.
- I let go of the things that I couldn’t control.
- I pour my heart in the works that I do.
- Be not attached with both success and failures. Still practicing this though.
- Love other people even if I don’t get love back.
- Appreciate my accomplishments and celebrate in the privacy of my solidarity.
- Celebrate and do what makes me at peace in the moment.