In Article on April 21, 2017 at 6:01 PM
The best solution for my boredom, for the feeling of being stuck in rut, and depression is to learn new things or have a new experience.
I was so contented with seating at home during weekend and binging on Netflix series that I become complacent with life. I wasn’t growing because I am not doing anything about it.
It takes me to “SIGN UP” immediately for things that either interest me or makes me curious despite for sure will make me uncomfortable to breakthrough and grow better.
Two things made it possible for me to do this:
- Courage. I have to face my fears. I have to forget all my inhibitions. I have to trust myself that as soon as I accomplish this, I am better, and then I can take on bigger challenges that make life exciting.
- Enjoy the journey. I have to keep reminding myself that there is always something positive about everything and I can simply enjoy the present, the process, and not too caught up about the future or the result. If I give my very best now then it will have a domino effect.
Learning is being humble and admitting that there are more to grasp. It is a way to open up to new ideas and hearing an expert in the field that I am not.
Go on and learn something new!
In Article on March 11, 2017 at 11:06 AM
The pasta in Italy is the most delicious pasta I have ever tasted in my entire life. Even the packed pasta for mass distribution tasted great.
Whenever I think of Italy now, I would always remember the delicious Pasta al Pomodoro that I have consistently ordered during my visit in Rome because it didn’t disappoint.
I never expected that I will travel the world when I was young. I lived in a simple town in the Northern Philippines and it never occur to me that I must travel. Now that I have experienced visiting different countries, I would recommend that it is great to travel for vacation. It is expensive sometimes depending on preferred set-up like 5-star hotel over lower ones, it needs preparation, but the positive impact outweighs every challenging bits.
Going to a new country awakens all the senses but mostly it triggers excitement and the sense of wonder. If I’ve never visited Italy, I could have not known the best way to be served with the authentic Italian pasta.
Go and plan your next adventure and discover something that will inspire you!
In Article on February 12, 2017 at 8:20 PM
When I was little, I did participate the discussion of which came first, was it the chicken or the egg, for the simple reason that I couldn’t come up with a definite answer, I was confused. I was reasoning for both sides with what I believe are good arguments.
Not that I’m all full of wisdom but now I became definite with my answer so without doubt I lean on the chicken came first. The source will come first before the fruit and I see chicken as the source that need to produce an egg, sit on it for a good amount of time, before that egg hatches as a chick.
I rest my case. What’s your point of view?
In Article on January 21, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Yesterday I heard a family passed by my apartment, a father, a mother, and a child. The child was asking the parents about where are they going. The child’s voice is filled with excitement and a sense of wonder for a little person but with a whole soul. Are children that hopeful and filled with love because they just came from our source?
To maintain that purity in spirit, the adult has the responsibility to nurture them with love but trust them enough that they could eventually stand up on their own to be what they were supposed to be to serve the world better than they found it.
Children are strong in hope but they are fragile too that adult could break that, to condition them in a hostile upbringing, leading them to a bad path. Adults indeed have the responsibility to care for the young ones to lead with good example, so they can grow up as a responsible human being.
In Article, Journal on January 17, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Today, I finally understood that not knowing the answer is enough to let matters go. I finally accepted it without resistance.
I finally see these statements more clearly –
- Let go of what you cannot control.
- It doesn’t have to have a reason.
- It is not my place to know if it is meant to be.
- I don’t need to be right.
I’ve always insisted that everything must have a form. Every thing, every one including me can be judged.
No wonder The Monk Hakuin with an encounter with a villager’s baby was at peace and says is that so. Paul Schubert was right to observe that the monk had responded appropriately, to respond to the moment of what’s best. The baby needed someone to care for it regardless of how the people tainted his reputation or the accusation is untrue. What a great way to live and it will eliminate all the dramas of my ego.
I am here and I will give my best. I cannot explain nor answer the rushing questions of why it happened, why it didn’t happen, and it is okay. I am alive and I will respond with effort and love.
I don’t know and it is so.
Photo credit: Monk with Bowl by Min Wae Aung
In Article on January 10, 2017 at 6:13 AM
If I choose to, I know that I can be happy all the time, but the truth is happiness is not the ultimate goal in life. It’s not because I will now entertain the opposite of to be unhappy but I just finally accepted that there are important moments in life in which “being happy” is not the right emotion.
As a healthy human being I need to grief, to be calm (not beaming with fake smile) and accept circumstance that is out of my control, or be angry and passionate to defend what’s not right.
If I am to be consistent of what I will do in life, then I believe I would exercise the following:
- Love – Unleash the love that I am made of and recognize the love of others expressed in their own special way as I do too.
- Unique – It is easier to live with others when I find a connection of what we authentically like in common but I also have to accept that no matter how I would insist, each has its own path, a unique calling I may possibly never understand.
- Pain – I will get hurt and whether it was a divine plan, divine intervention, or a product of my error, it will teach me a lesson to get better. It is not easy but it is not impossible to heal.
- Growth – What is life without growth? It is going to be a sad boring repetitive life like a zombie existing but no longer productively contributing to make the world better than it was found. To watch myself bloom is beautiful.
- Accomplish – To challenge myself in setting goals of learning new skills and traverse the uncomfortable and commit to complete a project or abandon when the pure wisdom agrees not because of fear.
- Relationship – Unless it is meaningful then move on to find where I could have a meaningful relationship with somebody. I will never be able to live alone, I need to connect with people, otherwise it will be lonely and I die young.
- Attitude – Positive attitude doesn’t necessarily mean being happy, I believe it is being hopeful and not a downer that shoots down the good vibe.
- Intention – What I personally intent is what matters and I aim that it will always be good and not undermine another for my benefit.
- Acceptance – To say yes that not all things are under my control and it is okay and let life be.
- Grateful – There are so many miracles that happen all the time, the blessings are pouring in, the bare fact that I am breathing and woke up this morning, I am a hero of my own story and I have a journey to take on.
In Article on January 8, 2017 at 11:14 PM
Did you notice that the WordPress’ stats button was removed from the top left corner when you’ve signed in and viewing your blog? It used to have a one-click button and you’ll immediately see how many people visited your blog for the day, which post did they look, guests are coming from what country, etc. Before it was removed I was thinking of actually disabling it, okay I didn’t remember doing something to actually disable it, but it has been gone for some time now.
It is actually distracting for me to have that quick button because I am tempted to click it and see who are dropping by in my blog instead of completing a post and making it eloquent. It gives me a different sense of falsehood and the jolt that I am being played by the production of the chemicals dopamine and oxytocin.
So why do I blog? Because I enjoy writing, I hope in the process I am able to inspire, and the reality that I want to get better with writing. This is my practice in a stage; like having an audition all the time but I don’t expect to have a theater full of audience. And though I wish to have more readers, it is not the goal.
In Article, Journal on January 8, 2017 at 10:55 PM
Merriam Webster Dictionary defines Self-preservation as a natural or instinctive tendency to act so as to preserve one’s own existence.
It is a survival mechanism and the theme of a lot of movies especially when it involved a battle in whatever form. It is the ultimate bottom line reason of Victoria Grayson in the hit TV show Revenge.
It is very tempting to save face, to point the blame to someone, or to justify why I deserve more power, wealth, and fame than any body else or worst at the expense of someone.
Is selfless the antidote of the negative connotation of self-preservation? It could be, if selfless is done not because of self-inflicting suffering but to have honorary sacrifice. To devote oneself for the greater good and to spark a positive change just like the inspiration the great noble men have left us.
In Article on January 7, 2017 at 3:08 AM
Since New Year I was able to write a post daily and it felt good like I got my discipline in check but it’s only the 7th, kind of too early to tell I’m in it.
My blog always start from a Notes app that I saved as 10K BLOG. I start from Notes just to keep track of my file naming that started with number code, I’m almost reaching 2,000 posts.
My lazy ass usually makes excuses that I don’t need to be blogging daily if I don’t want to or can’t because it is never an obligation; but I wanted to be better with my writing and it makes me happy to blog. This year I made a simple addition to my note just above my title, I reminded myself to “Enjoy Writing”. It is a simple two words and yet it planted a fire in my heart that I have the joy to publish a post without any pressure.
This blog is for me and whoever happens to drop by and pick up a little something out of it is the bonus.
In Article on January 7, 2017 at 2:51 AM
I am still not convinced what mission do I have to have the privilege to exist in this world. Or maybe that is my problem that I try to give meaning for things to happen. If I completely surrender and let go of my ego that I am particularly special then maybe I could simply say that I exist.
I exist. I am here. I breathe.
What I do in my existence is a matter of my choice. I am given the freewill to do as I please and in every act I would reap the consequence or simply I must expect that there is a reaction to be elicited in my every move or even inaction. And further on I could also just surrender the result and not be melodramatic about it.
It is important to believe that I am important but not to think that I more important than anyone as everybody is equally valuable. The uniqueness of every individual is fascinatingly beautiful. I just expertly build up my wall and tricked myself into thinking that I am in a different league but it can’t be as the source is just one.
We are connected. We are one.
Now that I know that I exist and I have to exist with other; which law should I abide to have order? Who would I trust to lead and manage? It is why there are sacred values to uphold like being honest, giving my best, and being kind. As intricate as the body composition is, the more layer that is applicable to be respectful with one another. When I rip everything off, what’s left?